The first stage of UPPSC recruitment process is Preliminary Examination so we are providing a brief description of UPPSC Pre Exam Syllabus 2018 here. Candidates who are going to take the exam should pay attention to the UPPSC Pre 2018 Syllabus. This page has the link of UPPSC Pre Exam Syllabus PDF and a candidate who wants UPPSC Syllabus 2018 PDF can download it. UPPCS Pre syllabus 2018 contains the name of all topics from every subject which is important from examination point of view.
UPPSC Recruitment 2018 notification has been released against 924 vacancies. The tentative date of examination is 19th August 2018. Aspirants who want to appear in UPPSC exam should start the preparation because there is no more time. Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission recruitment process consists of Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination, and Personal Interview. A candidate who successfully qualifies all the stages is selected.
Important Dates of UPPSC Recruitment 2018
UPPSC application 2018 begins
Last date to apply for UPPCS Recruitment 2018
UPPSC Exam Date
UPPSC Pre Exam Syllabus 2018
UPPCS Pre 2018 syllabus helps a candidate to make a preparation schedule so that they can prepare the topics accordingly. By following UPPCS Exam syllabus 2018 one can know about the important subjects and the important topics. The questions in UPPSC Pre Exam will be based on the UPPSC Pre Exam Syllabus 2018. The syllabus of UPPSC Pre Exam is designed by the experts which contain matter to test the ability of a candidate.
UPPSC Preliminary Examination will comprise of two papers i.e General Studies 1 and General Studies 2. A candidate should appear in both tests as the two papers are compulsory. In both, the papers of UPPSC Pre exam answers should be marked on OMR sheet only. General Studies 1, as well as General Studies 2, are individually 2 hours exam of 200 Marks each.
General Studies 1
General Studies 2
UPPSC Pre Exam Syllabus 2018: General Studies 1
The subjects which are covered in UPPSC Pre Exam Syllabus 2018 for General Studies 1 are as follows.
General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change.
Economic and Social Development.
Indian Polity and Governance.
India and World Geography.
History of India and Indian National Movement.
National and International Current Events
- General Science: Questions from General Science will cover general knowledge, understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change: General Awareness questions related to Bio-diversity, Climate, Environmental will be asked from canidates.
- Economic and Social Development: Questions will be designed on the basis of Demographics, Poverty, Sustainable Development, Inclusion, Social Sector Initiatives, etc. The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment and Urbanisation.
- Indian Polity and Governance: Questions will test knowledge of a candidate about Indian political system including Community Development and Panchayati Raj, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
- India and World Geography: Questions on the Indian Geography will be asked covering Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India. From World Geography only general questions will be asked.
- History of India and Indian National Movement: – From History of India, questions of social, economic and political section will be asked. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates should have idea of nature and character of the growth of nationalism, freedom movement and Independence.
- National and International Current Events: Candidates will be expected to have knowledge of Current Events of National and International Importance.
UPPSC Pre Exam Syllabus 2018: General Studies 2
The subjects which will be considered for preparing the questions of UPPSC General Studies 2 examination are mentioned below.
General Hindi up to Class 10th level.
General English up to Class 10th level.
Elementary Mathematics up to Class 10th level.
General mental ability.
Decision making and problem-solving.
Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
General Hindi up to Class 10th level:
- हिंदी वर्ण माला, विराम चिन्ह
- शब्द रचना
- वाक्य रचना
- वाक्य अर्थ
- शब्द रूप
- विलोम शब्द
- अनेक आर्थी शब्द
- मुहावरे और लोकोक्तियाँ
- तत्सम,तद्भव, देशज, विदेशज शब्द
- अशुद्धियों को शुद्ध करना
- उ.प्र. की प्रमुख बोलियां
General English up to Class 10th level:
- Active Voice and Passive Voice
- Punctuation and Spellings
- Idioms and Phrases
- Parts of Speech
- Transformation of Sentences
- Words meanings
- Fill in the Blanks
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Vocabulary & Usage
Elementary Mathematics upto Class 10th level:
- Statistics: Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves (ogives), Measures of Central tendency Arithmetic Mean, Median and Mode.
- Algebra: (i) Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their Interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations. (ii) Set Theory:- Set, null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, venn diagram.
- Arithmetic: (i) Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and Irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime Integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their Interrelationship. (ii) Average (iii) Ratio and proportion (iv) Percentage (v) Profit and Loss (vi) Simple and Compound Interests (vii) Work and Time (viii) Speed, Time and Distance.
- Geometry: (i) Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area. (ii) Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube