The Union Public of Service Commission (UPSC) conducts exam every year for the recruitment of Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Police Force (CAPF). The selected candidates are appointed in Group A (Assistant Commandants) in five departments of CAPF namely BSF (Border Security Force), CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force), CISF, (Central Industrial Security Force), ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Border Police) and SSB (Sashastra Seema Bal). The entrance exam is held once in a year providing the desiring and eligible candidates a chance to appear for the exam.
The Application Form has been released and the last date for the receipt of the Form is 21st May 2018 while the entrance exam will be held 12th August 2018. The pattern of the examination is divided into three stages where stage 1 will be of written exam, those who qualify the written test will be eligible for Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Standards Test. The last stage will be of Interview/Personality Test for which only those candidates will be called who will qualify the Medical Test.
The Application Forms for UPSC CAPF 2018 will be available on the official website of the Commission. Candidates desirous of applying must go through the instructions in detail and should make sure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions before proceeding for the Application Form. The form will be accepted only after the successful payment of the Application Fee. It is advised that the applicants should provide only valid and correct details as the Commission reserves the right of cancellation of appointment in case of any incorrect information.
Important Dates For UPSC AC CAPF 2018
The Commission has notified regarding the release of the Application Form and the commencement of the exam. The Forms will be released in April and the last date for the submission of the form will be in May. Candidates can go through the important dates mentioned in the tabular format below:
|Online Application Form Begins||25th April 2018|
|Last date for the receipt of Application Form||21st May 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||May 2018 (Tentative)|
|Commencement of CAPF written Entrance Exam||12th August 2018|
UPSC CAPF 2018 Application Form
The Application Form of UPSC CAPF will only be available on the official website of the Commission and there will be no hard copy of the form available. The candidates eligible to apply should visit the website i.e. upsconline.nic.in. And complete the Application Procedure by filling up the form and submitting the fee. Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the UPS CAPF eligibility criteria before applying.
Steps of Filling Up the Application Form – UPSC AC CAPF 2018
The Application Form will contain five stages that will need to be completed by the candidates in order of successfully submitting the Application Form. Candidates should note that UPSC CAPF Application Form can only be submitted once and there will be no scope for editing the details once the submission is done.
Stage 1- The very first step will be of Registration by entering the personal details and other required information. Candidates visiting the application portal for the first time will be required to register themselves first to proceed for the Application Form further. The following mentioned details will be asked for Registration.
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Aadhar number
- Marital Status
- Physically Challenged
- If from Minority Group
- Fee remission allowed
- Educational qualification
- Contact Address
- Communication details
Stage 2 (Application Fee)- After providing the above mentioned details, candidates will be directed for the payment of the Application Fee.
Candidates will be required to pay the amount of Rs. 200/-. Female/SC/ST candidates will be exempted from the apyment of the Application Fee.
Mode of payment: The Application Fee can paid through online net banking or through credit/debit cards. Candidates can also pay the application fee by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash by taking a printout of challan generated online after the completion of registration.
Stage 3 (Choice of Center)- With the submission of the Application Fee, candidates will be given the option of choosing the examination center. Candidates are advised to complete the procedure as soon as possible in order to get the center of their choice otherwise the candidate might end up with another center due to the non-availability of the center chosen.
Stage 4 (Photo and Signature Upload)- In this part of the Application, candidates will be asked to upload the scanned photograph of their passport size photo and signtaure with the prescribed instructions. It is advised that they keep the documents ready in prior before uploading the scanned photographs.
Photograph to be uploaded
|Format||File Size||Height and Width||Bit Depth|
|JPG||Less than 40 kb and greater than 3 kb||140 pixel Height X 110 pixel width||24 Bit|
Signature to be uploaded
|File Size||Height and Width||Bit Depth|
|JPG||Less than 40 kb and greater than 1 kb||110 pixel Height X 140 pixel width||
Stage 5 (Declaration)- The candidates will be required to agree to the rules prescribed by the examination conducting body of Union Public Service Commission. The application will be submitted only when the applicant tick mark on the option ‘I Agree’. It should be ensured that the information provided by the candidate in the Application Form is correct and valid. After the final submission, no form of alterations or changes will be allowed in the details mentioned in the Application Form.
UPSC CAPF 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should go through the eligibility conditions required to appear for UPSC CAPF exam. The Commission has prescribed the eligibility criteria in detail in context of Nationality, Sex, Age Limit, Educational qualification, Physical Standards and Possession of NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ certificate. Go through the details mentioned in points below-
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian National in order to apply for the post.
- Sex: Both male and female candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Commandants.
- Age Limits:
- A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August 2018, i.e. she/he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1992 and not later than 1st August 1997.
- The Upper Age Limit will be prescribed above will be relaxable.
- Upto a Maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- Upto a maximum of five years for Civilian Central government servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation. However, the total relaxation claimed on account of Government service will be limited to five years.
- Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to the 31st December, 1989.
- Minimum Educational qualifications: A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree of a University incorporated by an act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University or Possess an equivalent qualification.
- Physical Standards: Candidates must meet the prescribed Physical and Medical Standards for admission to Central Armed Police Force. Possession of NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ Certificates: The possession of the certificate will be a desirable qualification. It will be given consideration at the time of Interview/Personality Test only.
UPSC CAPF Examination Pattern
The examination pattern of UPSC AC CAPF will include the written exam, personality test and interview. Go through the points mentioned below regarding the entrance examination.
- The written exam will comprise of Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both the papers will be on the same day, Paper 1 will be from 10.00 am to 12.00 pm and Paper 2 will be from 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm.
- Paper 1 (General Ability and Intelligence) will be of 250 marks. It will be of objective type and will be both in English and Hindi. There will be Negative Marking for the wrong answers marked by candidate in objective question paper.
- Paper 2 (General studies, Essay and Comprehension) will be of 200 marks. It will be a subjective type exam.
- Physical and Medical Standards Tests will be for the candidates who will clear the written examination.
- Interview and Personality test will be for those who will pass the Medical Standards Test. The Interview round will be of 150 marks.
The Final Selection merit List will be released on the basis of amrks secured by the candidate in the written exam and Personality test.
Note: It should be noted that there will be minimum qualifying marks separately in each paper as may be fixed by the Commission. Paper 1 will be evaluated first and evaluation of Paper 2 will be done only of those candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in Paper 1.
UPSC CAPF 2018 Examination Syllabus
Candidates preparing for the exam can go through the syllabus mentioned here. The detailed syllabus of written exam will help in getting an impression of how the question paper will be framed.
|Paper 1- General Ability and Intelligence||General Mental Ability
Current Events of National and International Importance
Indian Polity and Economy
History of India
Indian and World Geography
|Paper 2- General Studies, Essays and Comprehension||Part A- Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English, total of 80 marks. The indicative topics are Modern Indian History especially of the Freedom struggle, Geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and Human rights issue and analytical ability.
Part B- Comprehension, writing, other communication/language skills- to be attempted in english only (120 marks). The topics are Comprehension passages, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
Physical Standards Test/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Test
The candidates declared qualified in the writen exam will be called for Physical test. The prescribed set of Physical standard Test is mentioned in the table below.
|100 meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 meters race||In 3 minutes and 45 seconds||In 4 minutes and 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 meters (3 chances)||3.0 meters (3 chances)|
|Shot Put||7.26 Kgs||4.5 meters|
Candidates qualifying these tests will be eligible to appear for the Personality test/Interview. Candidates capability will be measured as per her/his knowledge of general awareness, an approach towards the job for satisfying the officials for the post. Candidates passing the final selection will be mentioned in the result list.
To know more about UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern & Syllabus – Click Here
UPSC CAPF 2018 Admit Card
The Admit card of UPSC (Central Armed Police Force) AC CAPF exam will be released online on the official website of the Commission. It is a mandatory document which will be required at the time of the examination, the entry of the candidate will be prohibited in its absence. It should be noted that the availability of the Admit card will only be in online mode and the document will not be delievered through post individually to the candidate. The Admit card of UPSC AC CAPF will be required for every stage of the exam.
Steps to download UPSC CAPF Admit Card
- Visit the website of UPSC and click on the link of e-admit card under exam name Central Armed Police Force.
- Click on the link of download e-Admit Card.
- On opening the link, the instructions regarding the admit card are displayed. Read them very carefully.
- After the instructions, candidates will be given the option of accessing the Admit card either by entering Registration ID or Roll Number.
- After choosing any one option, candidate will be required to provide Date of Birth and confirm the random image.
- UPSC CAPF Admit Card will be displayed on the screen. Download it and get atleast two to three printouts of the document.
UPSC AC CAPF Cut-Off
The cut off of UPSC CAPF is released by the Commission after the exam procedure is over. The cut off determines the minimum score to measure the performance of the candidates. The factors affecting CAPF Cut off are number of vacancies published by the Commission, number of candidates appeared for the exam, difficulty level of the exam, lowest and average scores. Candidates can go through the cut off marks of past year mentioned in the table below:
Cut off marks (out of 250) of Paper 1
Cut off marks (out of 450) in Paper 1 and Paper 2
Marks (out of 600) obtained by the last recommended candidate
UPSC CAPF (Central Armed Police Force) 2018 Result
The result of UPSC AC CAPF (Central Armed Police Force) will be released by the Commission on the official website. The UPSC CAPF result will be released after each exam Interview/Personality Test. The candidates will be required to produce the original certificates in support of their claim pertaining to age, educational qualifications, community etc.
The selection process of UPSC AC CAPF 2018 will include three stages of Written exam, Physical Eligibility Test and the Interview/Personality Test. The final merit list will be declared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in written examination and personality/Interview test.
Steps to check UPSC CAPF Result
- Visit the official website of the UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Check the news and events section
- If the result has been declared, there will be a link available for the candidates for downloading the result.
- Select the link under “UPSC CAPF result 2018”
- Enter the Registration Number/Username and Password/Date of Birth
- Download the UPSC Result 2018
- Take a printout of the Result page.