UPSC conducts the exam of Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) every year for the aspiring candidates. The aspirants who successfully submit their Application Form will have to appear for the written entrance exam which will be held in three stages. The first one will be a written entrance exam, candidates qualifying the written exam will be eligible to appear for Physical Eligibility Test and the final round will be of an Interview. The final rank list will be declared containing the names of the students selected based on the marks secured by them in an exam.
It is required that the candidates go through the examination pattern and syllabus of the exam in detail and start preparing for the entrance exam. Candidates interested in appearing for the exam will be required to fill up the Application form for UPSC CAPF is now available and the last date for the submission for the form is 05th May 2021.
UPSC CAPF Examination Pattern and Syllabus
The examination pattern of UPSC CAPF will include the written exam, personality test and interview. Go through the points mentioned below regarding the entrance examination.
- The written exam will comprise of Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both the papers will be on the same day, Paper 1 will be from 10.00 am to 12.00 pm and Paper 2 will be from 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm.
- Paper 1 (General Ability and Intelligence) will be of 250 marks. It will be of objective type and will be both in English and Hindi. There will be Negative Marking for the wrong answers marked by candidate in objective question paper.
- Paper 2 (General studies, Essay and Comprehension) will be of 200 marks. It will be a subjective type exam.
- Physical and Medical Standards Tests will be for the candidates who will clear the written examination.
- Interview and Personality test will be for those who will pass the Medical Standards Test. The Interview round will be of 150 marks.
- The Final Selection merit List will be released on the basis of amrks secured by the candidate in the written exam and Personality test.
Check Here For UPSC CAPF Eligibility Criteria – Click Here
Note: It should be noted that there will be minimum qualifying marks separately in each paper as may be fixed by the Commission. Paper 1 will be evaluated first and evaluation of Paper 2 will be done only of those candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in Paper 1.
UPSC CAPF 2021 Examination syllabus
Candidates preparing for the exam can go through the syllabus mentioned here. The detailed syllabus of written exam will help in getting an impression of how the question paper will be framed.
|Paper 1- General Ability and Intelligence||General Mental Ability|
Current Events of National and International Importance
Indian Polity and Economy
History of India
Indian and World Geography
|Paper 2- General Studies, Essays and Comprehension||Part A- Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English, total of 80 marks. The indicative topics are Modern Indian History especially of the Freedom struggle, Geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and Human rights issue and analytical ability.|
Part B- Comprehension, writing, other communication/language skills- to be attempted in english only (120 marks). The topics are Comprehension passages, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
Check UPSC CAPF Admit Card – Click Here
Physical Standards Test/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Test:
The candidates declared qualified in the writen exam will be called for Physical test. The prescribed set of Physical standard Test is mentioned in the table below.
|100 meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 meters race||In 3 minutes and 45 seconds||In 4 minutes and 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 meters (3 chances)||3.0 meters (3 chances)|
|Shot Put||7.26 Kgs||4.5 meters|
Candidates qualifying these tests will be eligible to appear for the Personality test/Interview. Candidates capability will be measured as per her/his knowledge of general awareness, an approach towards the job for satisfying the officials for the post. Candidates passing the final selection will be mentioned in the result list.