The Mumbai Division of Western Railway has declared recruitment notification for Apprentices Act 1961. Online applications are available on the official website. The Recruitment Board has declared the online applications for the interested candidates for the engagement of Apprentice Act 1961, in the designated trades at Workshops and Units in the jurisdiction of North-Western Railway.
RRB announced the opening date of the online application form is 10th October 2017 and the closing date of the application is 9th November 2017 at 17:00 hours.
- 1 Eligibility Conditions for Western Railway Apprentice Recruitment
- 2 Mode of Selection For Western Railway Apprentice Post
- 3 Application Fee for Western Railway Apprentice Recruitment
- 4 Physical Standard/ Medical Standards
- 5 Training and Stipend
- 6 General Instructions
- 7 Self-Attested Photo-copies of the certificates are to be enclosed with the Application
- 8 Last Date of the Application
Eligibility Conditions for Western Railway Apprentice Recruitment
The interested candidates must have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age as on 30th October 2017.The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years in case of ST/SC Candidates and 3 years in case of OBC Candidates. For the physically handicapped people, the upper age limit is relaxed by 15 years.
The candidates who want to avail the benefit of reservation of ST/SC Candidates must show their caste certificate on Central Government format issued by an appropriate authority as per Annexure-I at the time of Document Verification.
The candidates who want to avail the benefit of the OBC Category have to submit the caste certificate as well as the Non-Creamy Layer Certificate issued on and after 1/4/2017 on Central Government Format by an appropriate authority as per the sample Annexure-II at the time of Document Verification.
The candidate must have passed the 10th class examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 examination) with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized Board.
Mode of Selection For Western Railway Apprentice Post
- The selection of the candidates is completely on the basis of the merit list. The candidate’s matriculation marks will be taken to the consideration, it should be an aggregate of the minimum of 50% and ITI Examination giving equal weight to both. There will be no written test or Viva held.
- During the time of document verification, the candidate has to bring the original documents and the copy of their documents.
- Engineering graduates and Diploma passed candidates are not eligible for the Apprenticeship Programme.
Application Fee for Western Railway Apprentice Recruitment
A Postal Order of Rs 100/- is payable to the Sr. DFM- Mumbai Central (W.R) as processing fee which is not refundable. The application fee is exempted for the ST/SC/PH and Women Candidates.
Physical Standard/ Medical Standards
- The Interested candidate has to satisfy the minimum standards of the physical fitness as mentioned in the aforesaid Act and Rules and standards prescribed for imparting training to the relevant trades which will be certified by a Railway Doctor.
- The selected candidates have to clear the prescribed medical examination and physical fitness for the engagement, for which the candidates have to pay Rs 24/-towards the medical examination fee.
Training and Stipend
- The training will be arranged in accordance with the standards and the syllabus prescribed by the Central Apprenticeship Council. The selected candidates will be offered stipend during the Apprenticeship at the prescribed rates as per the extant instructions.
- No correspondences are allowed in the Engagement.
- The decision of the Railway Administration completely depends upon the eligibility criteria. The acceptance and the rejection of the form are completely based on this.
- No daily allowance or conveyance allowance or traveling allowance will be paid to the candidate who will be called for the document verification.
- After the selection for the engagement, the request to change the division/unit is not allowed or considered.
- The application form must be filled in English or Hindi in his/her own handwriting.
Self-Attested Photo-copies of the certificates are to be enclosed with the Application
- A 10th/ SSC Certificate as the Date of Birth Proof
- ITI certificate along with the mark-sheet of all the semesters along with the Finals.
- Copy of the latest caste certificate if the candidates belong to ST/SC/OBC/PH/Women Candidates issued by the District Magistrate/ Mandal Revenue Officer. For ST/SC Candidates Annexure B is used whereas, for OBC candidates Annexure C is used.
- For the Physically Handicapped Candidates, the Physically Handicapped Certificate must be duly issued by the competent Medical Board as per the rules.
- Two identical passport size photographs.
- The applicant should submit only submit one application in the prescribed Performa (Annexure-A).
Last Date of the Application
The last date of the application form is 9th November 2017 at 17:00 hours. The application form received after the due date will be termed as rejected.
These are the basic information regarding the Engagement of the Apprenticeship under the Apprenticeship Act 1961 of Mumbai Division of Western Railway –.wr.indianrailways.gov.in